Wednesday 10 July 2013

Battleground of the mind blog 3

So then how do we change our thinking and make it line up to what God wants our mind to be full of.  Philippians 4:8 is the best scripture to start with because it is something like a sieve or a money sorter.  It is a series of hole so to speak that each thought should go through before it is given staying room in our mind. 
Philippians 4:8 And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise.


When a thought comes to your mind ask yourself
1.          Is it true if you don’t know find out.
2.          is it Honorable does it show respect and is it of a high quality worthy of a child of the King
3.          is it right, proper, kind, Morally good and acceptable.
4.          Is it Pure worthy of the service of servant of God.
5.          Is it lovely
6.          And is it something that is admirable, or of good report.
These are the things to keep in your mind.
Psalms 119:9-24
How can a young person stay pure? By obeying your word.
10 I have tried hard to find you—
  

    don’t let me wander from your commands.
11 I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you.

12 I praise you, O Lord;
    teach me your decrees.
13 I have recited aloud
    all the regulations you have given us.
14 I have rejoiced in your laws
    as much as in riches.
15 I will study your commandments
    and reflect on your ways.
16 I will delight in your decrees
    and not forget your word.

Gimel

17 Be good to your servant,
    that I may live and obey your word.
18 Open my eyes to see

    the wonderful truths in your instructions.
19 I am only a foreigner in the land.
    Don’t hide your commands from me!
20 I am always overwhelmed
    with a desire for your regulations.
21 You rebuke the arrogant;
    those who wander from your commands are cursed.
22 Don’t let them scorn and insult me,
    for I have obeyed your laws.
23 Even princes sit and speak against me,
    but I will meditate on your decrees.
24 Your laws please me;
    they give me wise advice.



  • New Living Translation
    The teaching of your word gives light, so even the simple can understand.
  • Psalm 119 New King James Version
    Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.
  • John 1:4New Living Translation
    The Word gave life to everything that was created, and his life brought light to everyone.
So when a thought comes into your mind run it through God sieve how does it do? Maybe challenge a few thoughts you have about yourself and a few that your have about other people.  Does it measure up to Philippians 4:8 does it line up to the Word of God.  If you don’t know find out.  Go to one of the Bible programs online and try to find out what the Bible say about it.
Has the first 10 minutes of prayer this week gone well, are you keeping it up?  If not maybe go back to the first five and start over.  Whatever else you do whether correct or not pray, talk to God and listen to Him.

Have a Great day! 

No comments: