Tuesday 23 July 2013

BATTLEGROUND OF THE MIND. Part six

Still this post we are on is it true. 
 We need to look at the
 body, soul and spirit to 
answer this question. 




Here is a personal fault that I will use as an example when I hear a thought say "you are overweight." Yes I am overweight it is true, my Soul,(mind, will and emotions) however are not asking am I over weight, it is making many other accusations at the same time, I'm ugly, I'm unlovable, I'm weak, I'm disgusting etc. With statements of action included, I will hide myself, I can't go out nobody can see me like this. 


 The accuser might call me things like fat, blubber, 2 by 4. These things are not true. First while there may be fat in my body I am not fat. 

FAT DEFINED Fats consist of a wide group of compounds that are generally soluble in organic solvents and generally insoluble in water. . Chemically, fats are triglycerides: triesters of glycerol and any of several fatty acids. Fats may be either solid or liquid at room temperature, depending on their structure and composition. Although the words "oils", "fats", and "lipids" are all used to refer to fats, in reality, fat is a subset of lipid.   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fat

I make mention of this particular thought because it has become an epidemic in North America. It is the plague that is out to destroy young girls. leading to suicide anorexia, and many other destructive things.
I am much more then fat. 
My dad always told me I was beautiful and that is what I believe that I am, so I am not ugly. Yes I am hugely overweight but the words the accuser uses in  connection with the truth are lies.



 Here I am and yes I am overweight and there are many reasons I am.  I could tell you that there are many reasons I am but what I will tell you is God is doing great things in my life about this and you don't need to worry about it.

 SO while part of the thought maybe true I need to discern what parts of that thought are not true.  If I concentrate on the fact that I am too heavy for my health, then I have a way to change the problem. However if I let all the other accusations that the enemy would like to have me believe then It leads to destruction. 

 The same things are true if I were underweight for my health.  Both problems have answers and things you can do to make changes to them.  However the destructive thoughts that accompany that fact have no purpose but rather seeks to destroy your confidence, and stop your ability to give or receive love.

 

The Bible actually has a great deal to say about accusers below is a scripture about what people will be like in the end times.  Pretty much all true today and false accusations is among them.

2 Timothy 3

King James Version (KJV)

This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
Without natural affection, truce-breakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
Traitors, heady, high-minded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

 Revelation 12:9-12

And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceives the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.
11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.
12 Therefore rejoice, you heavens, and you that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knows that he has but a short time.

 Verse 11 tells us how to overcome the accuser... By the Blood of the lamb,(which we talked about last post) the word of our testimony and we love not our lives even unto death.
SO  as I said last post

TALK TO THE HAND
CAUSE
 THE HEAD AIN'T LISTENING
This is a perfect example of how part of a thought can be true but when the accuser of the Brethren is involved it comes with a whole bunch of lies attach.  So how do we figure it out without getting all bogged down in it?  The last post told you conviction vs condemnation.  If it builds you up and patiently, kindly helps you to change then it is of God if not put up your hand and stop the thought.
If your problem is overeating then repent get some help confess to someone that can help you and move forward.  If it's medical then get prayer. If it's emotional, likely fear then devour the Word of God. 
Challenge each thought and determine what is true and what is a lie according to God's word.

If it is an accusation from other people and they are actually speaking it over you then put up your hand and say I break that spirit in Jesus name and get thee behind me satan!

On this same topic we come to the fear Of God.
Many people think it is terrifying but it is actually freeing and rewarding and with it comes great faith and great authority and ultimately Victory at every turn.
  1. If we truly believe God is who He says He is and that Jesus died for us then I would be foolish to think that my ideas would be better then His.  This is the start of the Fear of God.  If God is the great I AM then I really should fear anything that would separate me from Him.  Knowing Him, then the fear of the Lord becomes freeing. It is like a little child that becomes separated for there parent in a mall.  They become terrified that they will never be found they will have to find there way alone.  When mom or dad show up then there is a relief and a security that they are now safe because they have been found.On the next level it means that what God says about me is more important then what others say about me, or about what satan wants you to believe. I fear the loss of my relationship with Christ because without Him I am lost, I have nothing, I have no purpose, no direction. 
  2. If God loves me so much that He came down from Heaven to rescue me, then I will not sin because that will cause a tension in my relationship with Him, and that I am afraid of.Here are a few scriptures on the fear of God

  3. Psalms

    2:11 Serve the Lord with fear and rejoice with trembling.
    15:1-4 Lord, who may dwell in your sanctuary? Who may live on your holy hill? He whose walk is blameless and who does what is righteous, ... who despises a vile man but honors those who fear the Lord,
    19:9 The fear of the Lord is pure, enduring forever. The ordinances of the Lord are sure and altogether righteous.
    22:23 You who fear the Lord, praise him! All you descendants of Jacob, honor him! Revere him, all you descendants of Israel!
    25:12-14 Who, then, is the man that fears the Lord? He will instruct him in the way chosen for him. He will spend his days in prosperity, and his descendants will inherit the land. The Lord confides in those who fear him; he makes his covenant known to them.
    31:19 How great is your goodness, which you have stored up for those who fear you, which you bestow in the sight of men on those who take refuge in you.
    33:8-9 Let all the earth fear the Lord; let all the people of the world revere him. For he spoke, and it came to be; he commanded, and it stood firm.
    33:18-19 But the eyes of the Lord are on those who fear him, on those whose hope is in his unfailing love, to deliver them from death and keep them alive in famine.
    34:7-11 The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear him, and he delivers them. Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in him. Fear the Lord, you his saints, for those who fear him lack nothing. The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing. Come, my children, listen to me; I will teach you the fear of the Lord.
    36:1-2 An oracle is within my heart concerning the sinfulness of the wicked: There is no fear of God before his eyes. For in his own eyes he flatters himself too much to detect or hate his sin.
    40:3 He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the Lord.
    52:5-7 Surely God will bring you down to everlasting ruin: He will snatch you up and tear you from your tent; he will uproot you from the land of the living. The righteous will see and fear; they will laugh at him, saying, "Here now is the man who did not make God his stronghold but trusted in his great wealth and grew strong by destroying others!"
    55:18-19 He ransoms me unharmed from the battle waged against me, even though many oppose me. God, who is enthroned forever, will hear them and afflict them - men who never change their ways and have no fear of God.
    60:4 But for those who fear you, you have raised a banner to be unfurled against the bow.
    61:5 For you have heard my vows, O God; you have given me the heritage of those who fear your name.
    65:8 Those living far away fear your wonders; where morning dawns and evening fades you call forth songs of joy.
    76:7-8 You alone are to be feared. Who can stand before you when you are angry? From heaven you pronounced judgment, and the land feared and was quiet -
    76:11-12 Make vows to the Lord your God and fulfill them; let all the neighboring lands bring gifts to the One to be feared. He breaks the spirit of rulers; he is feared by the kings of the earth.
    85:9 Surely his salvation is near those who fear him, that his glory may dwell in our land.
    86:11Teach me your way, O Lord, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name.
    89:7 In the council of the holy ones God is greatly feared; he is more awesome than all who surround him.
    90:11 Who knows the power of your anger? For your wrath is as great as the fear that is due you.
    96:4-5 For great is the Lord and most worthy of praise; he is to be feared above all gods. For all the gods of the nations are idols, but the Lord made the heavens.
    103:11 For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is his love for those who fear him;
    103:13 As a father has compassion on his children, so the Lord has compassion on those who fear him;
    103:17-18 But from everlasting to everlasting the Lord's love is with those who fear him, and his righteousness with their children's children - with those who keep his covenant and remember to obey his precepts.
    111:5 He provides food for those who fear him; he remembers his covenant forever.
    111:10 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom; all who follow his precepts have good understanding. To him belongs eternal praise.
    112:1-2 Praise the Lord. [b] Blessed is the man who fears the Lord, who finds great delight in his commands. His children will be mighty in the land; the generation of the upright will be blessed.
    115:11 You who fear him, trust in the Lord-- he is their help and shield.
    115:13 he will bless those who fear the Lord-- small and great alike.
    119:120 My flesh trembles in fear of you; I stand in awe of your laws.
    128:1-4 Blessed are all who fear the Lord, who walk in his ways. You will eat the fruit of your labor; blessings and prosperity will be yours. Your wife will be like a fruitful vine within your house; your sons will be like olive shoots around your table. Thus is the man blessed who fears the Lord.
    130:3-4 If you, O Lord, kept a record of sins, O Lord, who could stand? But with you there is forgiveness; therefore you are feared.
    145:19-20 He fulfills the desires of those who fear him; he hears their cry and saves them. The Lord watches over all who love him, but all the wicked he will destroy.
    147:11 the Lord delights in those who fear him, who put their hope in his unfailing love.

    Proverbs

    1:7 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline.

    1:29-31 Since they hated knowledge and did not choose to fear the Lord, since they would not accept my advice and spurned my rebuke, they will eat the fruit of their ways and be filled with the fruit of their schemes.

    2:1-5 My son, if you accept my words and store up my commands within you, turning your ear to wisdom and applying your heart to understanding, and if you call out for insight and cry aloud for understanding, and if you look for it as for silver and search for it as for hidden treasure, then you will understand the fear of the Lord and find the knowledge of God.

    3:7-8 Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the Lord and shun evil. This will bring health to your body and nourishment to your bones.

    8:13 To fear the Lord is to hate evil; I hate pride and arrogance, evil behavior and perverse speech.

    9:10 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.

    10:27 The fear of the Lord adds length to life, but the years of the wicked are cut short.
    14:2 He whose walk is upright fears the Lord, but he whose ways are devious despises him.

    14:16 A wise man fears the Lord and shuns evil, but a fool is hotheaded and reckless.

    14:26-27 He who fears the Lord has a secure fortress, and for his children it will be a refuge. The fear of the Lord is a fountain of life, turning a man from the snares of death.

    15:16 Better a little with the fear of the Lord than great wealth with turmoil.

    15:33 The fear of the Lord teaches a man wisdom, and humility comes before honour.

    16:6 Through love and faithfulness sin is atoned for; through the fear of the Lord a man avoids evil.


    19:23 The fear of the Lord leads to life: Then one rests content, untouched by trouble.

    22:4 Humility and the fear of the Lord bring wealth and honor and life.

    23:17-18 Do not let your heart envy sinners, but always be zealous for the fear of the Lord. There is surely a future hope for you, and your hope will not be cut off.

    24:21-22 Fear the Lord and the king, my son, and do not join with the rebellious, for those two will send sudden destruction upon them, and who knows what calamities they can bring?

    28:14 Blessed is the man who always fears the Lord, but he who hardens his heart falls into trouble.

    29:25 Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the Lord is kept safe.

    31:30 Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.


    Ecclesiastes 7:16-18

    New Living Translation (NLT)
    16 So don’t be too good or too wise! Why destroy yourself?



      17 On the other hand, don’t be too wicked either. Don’t be a fool! Why die before your time? 


     18 Pay attention to these instructions, for anyone who fears God will avoid both extremes.

No comments: