Thursday 25 July 2013

The 5th Five Minutes of Prayer

How are you doing with 
20 minutes of prayer? 
So I am going to remind you that the Lords prayer is not the only way to pray but Jesus' told His disciple to pray in this manner. If you are already able to pray for and hour without too much trouble then do what works for you.

Okay turns out the I have re-written Larry Lea's book and changed it a little My Apology to Larry. I just do it a little different the results are the same.

So Here we are at the 5th five minutes 



AND LEAD US NOT INTO TEMPTATION,
How does God do this, He has given us Armour to begin with that totally covers us and protects us.  All Defense. 

A. Put on the whole armor of God (Put on the Lord Jesus Christ - Ephesians 6:10-18) 

1. Loins girded about with TRUTH 
 (John 8:32; John 14:6; Psalm 51:6) 

2. Breastplate of RIGHTEOUSNESS   
(Isaiah 59:17;Isaiah 61:10; Isaiah 64:6; 2 Corinthians 5:21) 

3. Feet shod with the PREPARATION (READINESS) OF THE GOSPEL OF PEACE (Philippians 4:7; 1 Peter 3:15) 

4. Shield of FAITH (Ephesians 2:8; 1 John 5:4-5) 

5. Helmet of SALVATION (Ephesians 1:22; Ephesians 4:15; Colossians 1:18) 

6. Sword of the Spirit, which is the WORD OF GOD (Hebrews 4:12; Revelation 1:16) 

B. Pray a hedge of protection around yourself and your family. (Job 1:10) 


C.  We can run and stay safe in the stronghold of the secret place of the most High.

Psalms 91 (NKJV)

Safety of Abiding in the Presence of God

91 He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High
Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
1. It's hard to find me under God's shadow


 I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress;
My God, in Him I will trust.”
2. This is talking about a fortress or a stronghold.
Run to God and He will protect you like a fortress


Surely He shall deliver you from the snare of the Fowler And from the perilous pestilence.
3. Jesus protects us from the traps both satan and people set before us.  Even Jesus had to see the traps the pharisee's put in his way to trap and snare Him. 

4. Like a bird cover her chicks so God covers you and hides you under his feathers.
He shall cover you with His feathers,
 
And under His wings you shall take refuge;

Now we are back to our armor from above
His truth shall be your shield and buckler.
You shall not be afraid of the terror by night,
Nor of the arrow that flies by day,
Nor of the pestilence that walks in darkness,
Nor of the destruction that lays waste at noonday.
Not only does God help keep us away from temptation and from harm but He tells us that we are more then conquerors.

Romans 8:37

New King James Version (NKJV)
37 Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. 


 He also tells us that all we have to do is resist the devil and temptation and it will flee from us

James 4:7
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. 
It also tells us all the blessing we will have when we resist and are safe from temptation.


Psalms 91: 
A thousand may fall at your side,
And ten thousand at your right hand;
But it shall not come near you.
Only with your eyes shall you look,
And see the reward of the wicked.
Because you have made the Lord, who is my refuge,
Even the Most High, your dwelling place,
10 No evil shall befall you,
Nor shall any plague come near your dwelling;


And now He tells us just how He will keep us safe

5. He gives His angels to watch over you
  Just a little note for those of you that may not like this picture of an angel I think that any angel watching over me can't be a sweet little cherub. I want a warrior like Gabriel.

11 For He shall give His angels charge over you,
To keep you in all your ways.

12 In their hands they shall bear you up,
Lest you dash your foot against a stone.

6. Gave us Power to do great things
 

13 You shall tread upon the lion and the cobra,
The young lion and the serpent you shall trample underfoot.

 below we see why God protects us and leads us not into temptation and danger.
A.  We watch and wait on Jesus, we are His and He delivers us. Also because we know His name(s) All the Names of God we have learned help to protect us from everything because He is the great "I AM"

14 “Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore I will deliver him;
I will set him on high, because he has known My name.
15 He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble;
I will deliver him and honor him.
16 With long life I will satisfy him,
And show him My salvation.”


This is a scripture that I start with if I feel or hear God tell me that someone needs protection. I also pray it over Church leadership and missionary leaders, and everyone. Anyone following the whole blog will see from time to time how I pray using the scripture and I will do this one this week. If I remember that is.


So for today my Prayer is that you would find yourself in the Secret Place of the Most High, Covered by His wings, with His angels watching over you, big strong tough warring angels and that he would keep your feet on the straight and narrow path that Jesus has mapped out for you. Love Kim
Just so you are aware our Church Summer Camp is this weekend and I may not be able to post. If you don't hear from me forgive me if you do then Thank God!
If you are in Red Deer the Word of Life Campus is having Friendships for life Summer Camp it really is off the wall crazy fun and will be out of this world in God's blessings. Starts Friday July 26,2013

No comments: