Friday 19 July 2013

Worship the Weekend way!

 A Way of Worship

Worship is maybe the most amazing feeling in the world.  Like and man for a women;anxiousness, desire, excitement, security, joy all the emotions are there, when you truly worship something. We worship many different things, but none of them will be as great as worshiping God. It's because of the Relationship we have with Him. God is a Father and a Son, He is a shepherd who guards and protect us, He is Peace, He is Joy, He is Love, our provider, He is righteousness, He cleanses us and leaves everything bad covered with his blood.
Now Men just before you walk away and say this is for girls remember this is King Solomon talking, and that this is an excellent and Holy way to learn how to love the Woman in your life. She will admire your jewels and preparation also.

 
The Song of Solomon 
teaches us many things about worship.

Song of Solomon 1

Amplified Bible (AMP)

The song of songs [the most excellent of them all] which is Solomons.

Let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth! [she cries. Then, realizing that Solomon has arrived and has heard her speech, she turns to him and adds] For your love is better than wine!

[And she continues] The odor of your ointments is fragrant; your name is like perfume poured out. Therefore do the maidens love you.

Draw me! We will run after you! The king brings me into his apartments! We will be glad and rejoice in you! We will recall [when we were favored with] your love, more fragrant than wine. The upright [are not offended at your choice, but sincerely] love you.
  The song shows how a man "Jesus" longs for and waits for the love of his life... and she longs and has prepared herself for him. This is how it needs to be with us and Jesus. It's intimate it's private it is passionate. "Draw me" is a passionate desire to be closer and closer to the one that they love.  Maybe because I am single i understand this better then most but my relationship is very much like a husband and wife. Nothing perverted, it can't be, It's pure and it's holy. Worship is a time when you draw close to God and He in turn draws close to you.  The rest of the world can slide away, you are simple the only ones there at that moment. Just like the man or the women that someone loves they fall in love with the others smell taste it all becomes a part of the worship we have for God. to begin with this sounds corny.  When I decided this was the kind of relationship I wanted with God, I set a table for two with candles, and beautiful wine glasses full of Chocolate milk.

 I sat down closed my eyes and was blown away when Jesus showed up.  I could feel His presence, I could smell His fragrance, I am not sure if my eyes stayed opened or closed but for an hour I just basked in His presence.  Now I am not saying that this is what you should do feel free if you want to, but each of us has a manner of worship find yours. Set your own table, picnic or a nice walk whatever is yours, and then just anticipate the time you will have with Him. He will never disappoint you.

Prepare to worship.  Don't just go to Church on Sundays listen to some music raise your hands and say you have worshiped Jesus. Prepare, anticipate, run to Him look for Him desire Him.  

I chose Saturday's as date night with Jesus, His word whether in music, the Audio Bible a cozy blanket and my Bible, sitting at the piano, I just absorb Him.
This is when the Holy Spirit can remind me of all the scriptures I have ever read. This is another good reason to develop a daily scripture reading.
If we continue further in the Song of Solomon 1 we see that she spent time preparing and He noticed everything about how she Had prepared Herself for Him. Take time plan your time of worship use some imagination in planning your date.
 Song of Solomon 1:
O my love [he said as he saw her], you remind me of my [favorite] mare in the chariot spans of Pharaoh.

10 Your cheeks are comely with ornaments, your neck with strings of jewels.

11 We will make for you chains and ornaments of gold, studded with silver.


12 While the king sits at his table [she said], my spikenard [my absent lover] sends forth [his] fragrance [over me].

13 My beloved [shepherd] is to me like a [scent] bag of myrrh that lies in my bosom.

14 My beloved [shepherd] is to me a cluster of henna flowers in the vineyards of En-gedi [famed for its fragrant shrubs].

15 Behold, you are beautiful, my love! Behold, you are beautiful! You have doves’ eyes.

16 [She cried] Behold, you are beautiful, my beloved [shepherd], yes, delightful! Our arbor and couch are green and leafy.

17 The beams of our house are cedars, and our rafters and panels are cypresses or pines.

More Next week , plan,prepare anticipate and worship. Mean while a little mood music for you to hear to start the worship atmosphere. 


No comments: