Wednesday 3 July 2013

How to pray for a nation



Respect the Nation. Pray for it's leaders, land and peope.
First we must always pray Jesus' love, not condemnation when we pray for a country. It is easy to forget that it is not people we are fighting against every Nation has it's own Princes and powers and spirits of wickedness and as we research or (watch) God will bring them to our spirit by the Holy Spirit. Sometimes look at a countries symbols and flags and businesses to find what might be lurking underneath the surface of a country. You might even want to search it's national anthem.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Star-Spangled_Banner




The Great Seal of the USA
 Pray that God's kingdom comes and His will be done. I always find that if I look to Gods word and use God's word it is much more powerful then if I use just my words.  As you read and study the Bible more then you will find more scriptures will come to mind. In the meanwhile try to do a little Google research about the country, it's history it's headlines it's Churches then take some of the key words and put into a Bible program or use your concordance for some scriptures that relate to their needs. if that is too much try typing something like Nation and see what happens.  Today for you that is what you see that I did I used http://www.biblestudytools.com/  but there are many others.

http://www.biblegateway.com/

Then as you start to pray stop occasionally and listen to what God's heart speaks to you through the Holy Spirit.
Remember that prayer is a 2 way circular system like texting. You talk God listens God talks you Listen. Look at your research and then pray. So I have posted my prayer look at it you can just come into agreement with me for that or you can use it as a guide. I suggest you also look up 2 Chronicles 17 so you can see how I used the scripture and adapted it to what I felt lead to pray about for the U.S.A.
Please if you have questions please email me at 
krekedal55@gmail.com I would love to hear from you and if you are having problems or disagree let me know I am always open to the wisdom of God. If I find I am wrong or have not clearly written something what I meant I would willing  apologize and fix the error.
Remember your first 5 minutes from last week would love to hear how many of you have found it hard to do 5 minutes and how many have found it hard to stop after 5 minutes. Check back Friday for the 2nd 5 minutes.
GOD bless you all

No comments: